Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Breakfast, Anyone?

Today's post is going to be about breakfast. Why? I have heard from many of my friends that they don't have time for breakfast, or they don't really know what to eat. I have also heard WHAT they eat and it kind of makes me want to kick them.
So, I am here to offer you some suggestions.

Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. Especially, with what you put in your body after basically fasting the whole night. Your metabolism needs a kick-start for the day, and it also will help you not overeat at lunch or dinner. I can hear you all saying, "Well it makes me feel sick to eat early..." "All I need is coffee...", or "I can't eat before I workout..." All to which I say, WELL EAT ANYWAY! Just do it, like the Nike saying. Just do it. You will eventually get used to it. Your body needs fuel to get you going.

Here are a few of my favorite breakfasts, and some come with pictures! :)

1) Omelettes
Now, I know most of you don't have time to make a full omelette in the morning, but on the weekends, try to make some. Experiment with different ingredients, too. You do not have to be a professional omelette maker to get them looking all perfect. Egg scrambles are basically the same!

My favorites:
Avocado/onion; Bacon/onion/green onion; and Sausage/onion


2) Whole wheat english muffin with Almond butter/peanut butter and honey
This one is easy and quick and you can take in the car with you! My favorite kind of almond butter is MaraNatha.


3) Greek yogurt with almonds or walnuts (or any other). I love greek yogurt. I eat it everyday. My favorite kind is Oikos by Stoneyfield. I eat plain, but there are multiple flavors, but watch out for the sugar content. (I also like it for a snack by adding chocolate chips in...shhh!)


4) Whole grain (frozen) waffles with peanut butter OR with greek yogurt, walnuts, honey on top. I just say "yum, yum" to this.

5) Oatmeal! Watch the ingredients, though, if you eat instant oatmeal.

If you eat whole grains for breakfast, with some protein, you should feel fuller longer than just eating something like cereal or fruit, but experiment and see what keeps you full longer.

Now, go experiment! Happy eating!

~Leslie

1 comment:

  1. i certainly can't say i eat any of that stuff haha

    ReplyDelete